Sunday, January 22, 2012

Log

Tuesday:

Nation Gaze was our topic in this class. We mainly focused on the Primary research, which are observation and survey. Besides the way of conducting a research paper, we also learned that the purpose of our research paper was to presenting our ideas, as well as persuading the audiences. We are unable to persuade everyone in the world to hold the same position as us, so we have to pick up the audiences, target them, and try to compose the paper based on them. Another unique thing in the class that I learned was to change the negative to positive. I found this was also a barrier I had to get over when I was doing my research. Especially in a Third World country it's not possible having no drawbacks but always progression that can attract foreigners. Anyhow, during the research I spent a lot of time trying to present the information fairly while picking up the valuable data can attract my audiences.


Thursday:

We met in the library in this class. The librarians showed us how to use the resources in library to help us composing the research paper. For the book we can go to Cardcat; for the articles and data we can go to Articles and Databases;while we can also go to map collection from Ball State. In the Articles and Databases, librarians recommended three research choices: Business source premier; Academic source research;Access world news. All of them are very helpful for conducting the paper. It was my first time that I learned how useful the BSU library was. I found in U.S. I was always struck by the way of organizing information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment