Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Religion

          I began to study bible recently. The start was kind of like a coincidence. I have really great teachers. One thing that I like is they never try to persuade me to believe in the existence of god, but show me the proof and present me their emotions on their religion. I respect them. It's like opening a new world for me.
          I never considered religion seriously, and even has bias among it. My mom's family believes in Buddhism. My father's family believes in Christianity. When it comes to my parents, they are almost Atheism. My parents are really tough people, they built their business together from nothing. I always remember they told me never trying to depend on anyone. Even when I was a little girl I had to solve the problem myself. From the old people in my family I only saw the religion as a function of escaping from the reality, which is totally away from what my parents taught me. So when I was little I considered religion as a thing for people who find out no way in real life.   
         However I gradually realize there's spiritual need for a person. My parents grew up in the time when surviving was every thing. Policy changing in 1990s in China provided them the chance to develop. The built-in characters by their childhood life experience equipped them well on the way of fighting. Their struggling experience is hard to learn, but I respect their determined mind once setting up a goal. If someone asks me whether I have idol in my heart, I will answer my mom is the only one.
         When they were young they only considered to have a wealthy life. After having me and my sister, they only considered how to provide the best for their children. Just in recent years, persuaded by me, they began to think about their own life.
          There's no religious atmosphere in China. We are still immersed ourselves in the business of development. This is dangerous for current young generations, especially for those whose parents already built up a economic foundation for them. Compared to our parents, we grow up in a wealthy environment. Surviving is no longer a thing to be considered. Nowadays people need spiritual guide to help them on the way of developing, because out there are just too many allures. It's not the thing about superstitions. If we say law is the basic morality people have to obey, then religion is the higher level of morality. A society is necessary to possess one. For a country like China it's even more necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah college is definitely a time when many young people develop their own views more and grow in their faith! i am excited to hear your wanting to learn more about Christ and what He's done for us!

    ReplyDelete