Sunday, April 29, 2012

Some Thoughts

I don't know weather I have this chance to write this in future or not, so i decide to write down this in my last blog for this class.

I sincerely feel glad about myself making the decision of coming to U.S. to pursue my Bachelor degree. Compared to the knowledge learned from textbooks, I'm more appreciating the process of grown-up emotionally and spiritually here.

Although I was always going to a boarding school since I was little, however, there's a big difference between staying away from parents and leaving home country. I can immediately adapt to a new environment and figure out the comfortable way of life myself, thanks to my earlier-year boarding school experience. But it was not until starting a life in a foreign culture that I feel the real connection with my family and country. I love my country, and culture, I hope I can do something for her in future. Based on this mind, I no longer feel anxiety about the fame, and future career. I gradually focus on the knowledge I can obtain in daily life, because I know knowledge is the power in this modern society that can help me to be a useful person.Whatever I do in future, I only hope I'm a useful person to others, and can make little contribution to my country's development. Besides this motivation, I should also thank to the atmosphere among the young American generation. Not like Chinese people concerning more about how much money they can make from what they study, people here care more about what their real interests are. And I believe people can go on a career what they really interests in, they will make a greater  success.

Actually I'm also doing transferring stuff. I hope the rest of the two years in America, I can go to a university located in a bigger city, which can provide me more various experience in college life. I once blamed Muncie for its poorly available choices, and the limited access to entertainment activity. However, I realize that Muncie is the best choice for me when I started my life in America. The peaceful life-style, and friendly people here made me with my poor English possibly live here and even started school here. These two years was the best transitional time for me, helping me smoothly accepting the reality that I'm living far away from my country. I should be strong, and live as a mature adult in this remote country myself. I can really tell myself now is totally from that girl just came out from high school two years ago. And I believe two years later, I cannot recognize myself anymore. Never having the anxiety from concerns about future, there's the experience, and reflection from those experience, then, there I am, is growing up. 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! And I wish you the best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete