Thursday, February 2, 2012

Artist: Vincent Van Gogh

Vincent van Gogh:

I just love work of Impressionism. 
When I traveled to New York and Chicago, I had the chance to see the real paintings hanging in the museums. I was just amazed by their heavy thick use of color, and its great compose of every brush stroke. 
And of course Vincent van Gogh is one of the greatest impressionists.  


          




                                                                 Vincent 
                                                                          Joanna Wang

starry, starry night
paint your palette blue and gray
look out on a summer's day
with eyes that know the darkness in my soul

shadows on the hills
sketch the trees and daffodils
catch the breeze and the winter chills
in colors on the snowy linen land


starry, starry night
flaming flowers that brightly blaze
swirling clouds in violet haze
reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue

colors changing hue
morning fields of amber grain
weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand





1 comment:

  1. As a huge art lover, I am a dedicated fan of Van Gogh. One of my favorite works of art is “Starry Night.” It is so nice to see people of our generation admiring such marvelous pieces of work in a time where history seems to mean little. I feel as though most college students forget about the great art of the past that have influenced all the art we see today. Without the brilliant Van Gogh, we would not have all the beautifully designed things we live with everyday. I hope people see how history and a rich past can influence and impact the present. :)

    ReplyDelete